Definition of Compose
to put something together, like a letter, song, poem, speech, etc.
Examples of Compose in a sentence
1. Mozart would compose many famous musical pieces in his lifetime. 🔉
2. The students in Ms. Burdette’s English class were struggling with their assignment to compose an essay about their most influential figure in their lives. 🔉
3. Even short poems are difficult to compose if you do not have a strong command of the language. 🔉
4. Lawyers usually compose and submit many documents to the court prior to beginning of a trial. 🔉
5. After the expert would compose a specific musical composition, the symphony conductor would begin practicing it. 🔉
Other words in the Active category
WATCH our daily vocabulary videos and LEARN new words in a fun and exciting way!