Definition of Vicissitude
a change of circumstances or fortune, typically one that is unwelcome or unpleasant.
Examples of Vicissitude in a sentence
1. The parental vicissitude I currently have is trying to pay child support for six children. 🔉
2. My vicissitude in college was tackling seven classes and a job. 🔉
3. Though he had many vicissitudes in life, nothing would stop him from becoming an entrepreneur. 🔉
4. Some say that we must go through the vicissitudes in life to become a stronger person. 🔉
5. I love my annoying little brother, but we do have our vicissitudes. 🔉
6. Americans will have their financial vicissitudes in a recession. 🔉
7. Dealing with traffic is a vicissitude of city life. 🔉
8. Against all physical vicissitudes, he still won first place in the 5K run. 🔉
9. One vicissitude of owning a cat is that they shed hair everywhere. 🔉
10. Her vicissitudes in life made it a challenge to finish high school. 🔉
Other words in the Change category
WATCH our daily vocabulary videos and LEARN new words in a fun and exciting way!